Project has evolved a lot since it started, and now most of the customizations can be made with LDAPCP administration pages, but some still require custom development:
- Use LDAPCP with multiple SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer.
- Depeply customize the display text or the value of claims created by LDAPCP.
For that, you can create a custom class that inherits LDAPCP class. Each release of LDAPCP comes with its own version of LDAPCP.Developers.zip, which contains a Visual Studio project with sample classes that demonstrates various customizations. Each class inheriting LDAPCP is a unique claims provider, and only 1 can be installed at a time by the feature event receiver.
Common mistakes to avoid:
- To avoid confusion, consider to completely uninstall standard LDAPCP.wsp solution before you deploy your sample.
- Always deactivate the farm feature before retracting the solution. Check this page for more information.
- If you create your own SharePoint solution, DO NOT forget to include the ldapcp.dll assembly in the wsp package.
If something goes wrong, you may experience issues during solution deployment. Check this page to resolve problems.
In any case, do not directly edit LDAPCP class, it has been designed to be inherited so that you can customize it to fit your needs. If a scenario that you need is not covered, please submit it in the discussions tab.