This claims provider connects SharePoint 2013 and 2016 with Active Directory and LDAP servers to enhance people picker with a great search experience in federated authentication (typically ADFS).
If you want to try and see LDAPCP in action, check this template that deploys SharePoint 2013/2016 in your Azure tenant, fully configured with ADFS and LDAPCP.
- Query Active Directory and LDAP servers to get users and groups based on the user input.
- Easy to configure through central administration or using PowerShell.
- Get group membership of federated users.
- Connect to multiple AD / LDAP servers in parallel (multi-threaded connections).
- Populate metadata (e.g. email, display name) of entities.
- Configure the list of claim types, their mapping with LDAP users and groups, and many other settings.
- Enable/disable augmentation, globally or per LDAP connection.
- Customize display of results in the people picker.
- Developers can deeply customize LDAPCP to meet specific needs.