How to update LDAPCP
Start a new PowerShell console to ensure the use of up to date persisted objects, which avoids concurrency update errors.
Assembly must be updated manually on SharePoint servers that do not run SharePoint service “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application”.
If something goes wrong, check this page to fix issues.
- Run Update-SPSolution on the server running central administration:
# This will start a timer job that will deploy the update on SharePoint servers. Central administration will restart during the process Update-SPSolution -GACDeployment -Identity "LDAPCP.wsp" -LiteralPath "F:\Data\Dev\LDAPCP.wsp"
- Visit central administration > System Settings > Manage farm solutions: Wait until solution status shows “Deployed”
If status shows “Error”, restart the SharePoint timer service on servers where depployment failed, start a new PowerShell process and run Update-SPSolution again.
- Update assembly manually on SharePoint servers that do not run the service “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application”
- Restart IIS service on each SharePoint server
- Visit central administration > Security > LDAPCP global configuration page: review the configuration
Version 10 is a major update that has breaking changes. Updating to v10 (or newer) will reset claim type configuration list, and all customization made to that list will be lost.