This claims provider connects SharePoint 2019 / 2016 / 2013 with Active Directory and LDAP servers to enhance people picker with a great search experience in federated authentication (typically ADFS).
If you want to try and see LDAPCP in action, check this template that deploys SharePoint in your Azure tenant, fully configured with ADFS and LDAPCP.
- Query Active Directory and LDAP servers to get users and groups based on the user input.
- Easy to configure through central administration or using PowerShell.
- Get group membership of federated users.
- Connect to multiple AD / LDAP servers in parallel (multi-threaded connections).
- Populate metadata (e.g. email, display name) of entities.
- Configure the list of claim types, their mapping with LDAP users and groups, and many other settings.
- Enable/disable augmentation, globally or per LDAP connection.
- Customize display of results in the people picker.
- Developers can deeply customize LDAPCP to meet specific needs.